Monday, September 29, 2008

Hula Bagel Melts make you do the Hula!!!

These bagel sandwiches are so tasty, simple, and nice and warm for a cool September day! I have to give my husband credit on this picture. He was the one who assembled these sandwiches. Notice the barbecue sauce dripping!!! That's the way he likes it. There is never too much barbecue sauce, and who cares if it drips all over the place...right?!? I got this idea from Kraft, but I have made it better! It is so simple. You just assemble the sandwiches, wrap them in foil and pop them in the oven. In 15 minutes you have a Hula Bagel Melt that will make you do the Hula!!! The pineapple and barbecue sauce just make this sandwich. They make a great combo! Serve with some salty veggie crisps and you have got a yummy meal!

Hula Bagel Melts
Bagels (Onion, Plain, or Everything)
Deli Ham
Sliced Pineapple
Barbecue Sauce
Deli Swiss Cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Each sandwich you make you will need a square of foil big enough to wrap up your sandwich. Lay out your foil and place open faced bagels on top of your foil. Begin assembling the melts with Ham, Pineapple, Barbecue sauce, and Cheese (in that order) on one side of bagel. Top with other side of bagel and wrap with foil tightly so that the melts stays together and the barbecue sauce doesn't leak. Place in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Let them sit for about 5 minutes to cool off a bit, and settle. Now, Hula away!!!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm doing the hula just looking at them!!! Yummy!

Monica said...

These look great! And easy too, which is always a good thing. :)

Prudy said...

OH yum! We use loads of BBQ sauce around here. I love the combo of the sauce, swiss, pineapple, meat.

~The Dippold's said...

These looks so good!! What a wonderful combination!! :)

http://day2daywithhollyj.blogspot.com/

Jenny said...

Oh man I am going to be doing the hula for sure because I'll be making this very soon. It looks absolutely scrumptious! Great post.

Aggie said...

My husband like dripping bbq sauce too! Never enough for him! This sandwich looks awesome!

Kendra Meyers said...

This looks so good and my picky eater might actually eat them with all that BBQ sauce! It was good to hear from you on my blog, Sara, I hope you're doing well.