Saturday, October 25, 2008

Halloween Treats!

We just got back from the big halloween party! It was so much fun! These were our costumes. They turned out so cute! I am a perfectionist when it comes to these things, and they couldn't have turned out any more perfect! They were exactly what I pictured. We won the "Most Creative Costume" award. We will definetely be keeping these for future use. The kids had so much fun playing together and watching a magic show. The food was great! We had some very creative treats that we will be posting throughout the coming week. Now, I will spend the coming week planning a "little" halloween party for my kids and their friends. I say "little", but I tend to go all out for just about everything I do. It will be fun and simple. If any of you have any ideas for ages 3-5, please share. Here are a couple easy treats for halloween.

Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
Follow the recipe on the Rice Krispies cereal box. I once and a halfed it so I could spread in onto a large cookie sheet. Let cool for 30 minutes and then use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Use frosting, sprinkles, any candy you want to dress up your Rice Krispie Treats!

Eye-ball Cupcakes
Use your favorite cake mix and follow directions for cupcakes. Frost with white frosting then put a small spoonful of blue frosting in the center. Press an M&M (peanut or peanutbutter) in the center of blue frosting. Use red "gel" (I think that's what it's called) to make squiggly lines.

Happy Haunting!
We'll be back next week with some more halloween treats!
Thanks for the great party Sara!

11 comments:

Angie said...

Rach ~ That is the BEST idea for a costume! I love it!

Sara said...

Thanks Rach! Great post and fun treats! We sure had a great time. Loved your costumes. I'll post on monday. Have a great weekend! Love ya!

Brindi said...

Your costumes were awesome! What a great idea!

Emily said...

CUTE COSTUMES!

Prudy said...

Of course you won! Those are so cute! You are so good. I love the treats too. Spooky and yummy! Your family is sooo cute. You look just picture perfect, all of you.

Melanie Anne said...

Wow--those costumes are awesome!! So ctue and creative! i alos love your haloween cupcakes. My boys would LOVe those eyeballs!

nicole said...

Your costumes are so cute. Those treats look great.

Jenny said...

LOVE those costumes! Cute treats too!

Kendra Meyers said...

LOVE the costumes!!!

Kimberly said...

How did you make the Pacmans? Is it a cardboard box?? Love this Idea!! So Cute!!!

Rebekah said...

This costume idea is adorable. Can you tell me how you make your costumes?? Would love to do something like this for our family this year!!

calbekah@aol.com