Friday, July 11, 2008

Stuffed Fiesta Burgers

My husband got me a grill for my birthday. We refused going another summer without one. We don't have air conditioning at our home so when we turn on the oven the whole house heats up. It's wonderful in the winter, but unbearable at times in the summer. Ever since we got the grill we have cooked most of our dinners on the grill. We are loving it. We've done shishkabobs, chicken, ribs (coming soon), french bread (also coming soon), and all kinds of burgers. This is one of my very favorite burgers. It is so packed with flavor and oozing cheese out of the middle. You are going to love it! I got the recipe from Kraft. If you haven't noticed, I love cooking Kraft recipes. They are easy, fun, and very family friendly. If you don't already have a free subscription to their food & family magazine, go to www.kraftfoods.com to sign up. Did I mention it's a FREE subscription? It is well worth it! You are going to love the tangy, cheesy taste of these Tex-Mex burgers!

Stuffed Fiesta Burgers

1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg (1/4 cup) Taco Seasoning mix
1/4 cup Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
1/3 cup Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese
4 hamburger buns, split, lightly toasted
1/2 cup Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
8 slices ripe avocado

Directions:
Preheat grill to medium heat. Mix meat and seasoning mix. Shape into 8 thin patties. Mix cream cheese spread and shredded cheese. Spoon about 2 Tbsp. of the cheese mixture onto center of each of 4 of the patties; top with second patty. Pinch edges of patties together to seal. Grill patties 7 to 9 min. on each side or until cooked through. Cover bottom halves of buns with burgers. Top with salsa, avocado and top halves of buns. Makes 4 servings.

*I like using a thick slice of cheddar cheese in the middle...it makes the burger ooze more with cheese. Rather than mixing the cream cheese and shredded cheese, I spoon 2 Tbsp of cream cheese on the burgers, then top with slice of cheese.
*I also like to mix in one pkg. of lipton onion soup in with my hamburger meat. It makes the burgers even more tasty.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Yum, I always love a good burger and a stuffed one is even more of a treat.

Your burger looks really tasty. I love that Kraft Magazine, I mean who can resist a free subscription?!!

Prudy said...

We'd love that burger around here. I love that free Kraft mag, too. They have gorgeous photos and easy recipes. It's so great to have a grill in the summer!

Prudy said...

I've got an award for you on my blog tomorrow.