Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hot Dogs on a Stick

One of my weaknesses is buying the magazines or little recipe books that you see when you're standing in line at the grocery store. Well, I found this in one of those. It came from a Taste of Home magazine. They were so yummy! I don't like corn dogs, so these were perfect for me. They were easy for my kids to eat too! I made five using one package of crescent rolls. On a couple I used 1 1/2 of the rolls to make sure in went to the end of the hot dog. It just depends on how much roll you want.

1 pkg. crescent rolls (break apart and roll into 15 inch ropes)
8 hot dogs
Skewers or popsicle sticks

Place hot dog on skewer and wrap roll rope around to top. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes on a well greased baking sheet. Serve with ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce or Ranch.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh how cute! My boys would go nuts for these. Brings me back to my childhood, my mom would make these for my sister and I all the time! The stick is a great idea!

Sara said...

Rach, you beat me on these! We love these too. I'm trying to experiment to make them more like a corn dog. I've done them with refridgerated breadsticks. There should be cornbread flavored breadsticks, but can't find them. I'm trying to be inventive. Love these. They look great!