Monday, July 28, 2008

Leftover Taco Meat Anyone???

We're back, and had a fun-filled weekend! We celebrated Pioneer Day until we dropped! We had fun with family and friends and of course ate some great food! Our annual fireworks and homemade ice cream was great! We had some great flavors. On Pioneer day we tried to eat as pioneer as possible and made tin foil dinners. They were yummy! I will post some tin foil dinners soon. We ate some great Navajo Tacos at our small town Pioneer day celebration. They are so yummy, and I willl post a recipe for them soon as well. We had a great weekend and we are all worn out. Too bad we have to wait a whole year to see more "fiweworks", as my son calls them. He loved them. I love the month of July! On to some yummy, cheesy, Taco Pockets! I had some leftover taco meat and got this idea from a Taste of Home cookbook that I tweeked a bit to fit what I had. They were a hit, and I will always do this with my leftover taco meat from now on . My taco meat is a recipe from Kraft Foods found here: http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/taco-salad-bowls-109726.aspx . We love to make these yummy Taco Salad Bowls. They are so easy and tasty. I love this recipe for taco meat with kidney beans. The beans really add to it. After we had the taco bowls one day, we had plenty of leftover taco meat. So one afternoon I whipped these up. Give them a try!

Taco Pockets
taco meat
1 pkg refridgerated large flaky buttermilk biscuits (8 to a pkg)
sliced cheddar cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray large cookie sheet pan. Open biscuits and roll out flat to make a 4 inch circle on the cookie sheet with all 8 of the biscuits. Dollop your taco meat in the middle of four rolled out biscuits. Top with cheese and put one rolled out biscuit on top to make a sandwich. Press edges together and seal with a fork all the way around the pocket. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 4 Taco Pockets.

5 comments:

Anna M. said...

Those look so yummy! What a great idea for taco leftovers! I'll definetely be trying these out soon - thanks again!!!

Prudy said...

Great idea! I love leftover recycles! I love Navajo Tacos too, but it's not the typical UT pioneer day fare. Navajo Tacos sound way better than Dutch oven potatoes!

Annie said...

I have featured this site on my blog today. I LOVE your ideas and inspiration. It's 11pm but I am tempted to go into the kitchen and whip up a batch of your peanut butter- oatmeal- choc. chip cookies...Thanks:)

Aggie said...

I wish I found your blog sooner! I had some leftover taco meat to deal with earlier this week, lol.

This looks great!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I wanted to say thank you! I was needing a recipe and stubled onto this post. I had no bisquicks so I made my own up with Bisquick. Perfect. TY very much ;)