Monday, November 10, 2008

Spicy Honey Butter Salmon

This salmon is amazing!!! We got this recipe from Macey's one day. I think it was their grand opening, and they had a bunch of samples. The butcher was out making this recipe and passing it out. It was delicious then, and still is delicious now. We have been making it for about 2 years now. We make it once a month, usually for a sunday dinner. It is a treat. The honey butter just gets soaked into the salmon, making it so sweet. The Grill Mates Montreal Steak seasoning is perfect. It gives it a little kick. If you live in Utah, you can get Honey Butter in a nice squeezzable container. The kind I like to use is from Treasure Foods, and you can actually get it on-line. If you are interested, check out www.honeybutter4u.com . They also have flavored honey butters, and you can also buy it in bulk. You can also make your own honey butter by mixing equal parts of butter and honey. It's not quite the same, but it works! I buy my salmon at Sam's Club or Costco. They sell a 3 lb bag of Atlantic Salmon Center Cut Fillets individually packaged and frozen. They are very easy to thaw, and I just love having them on hand when I need them. This is what the McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning looks like. I have bought the spicy one, and love it too! It gives it an extra kick!

Spicy Honey Butter Salmon
Center Cut Salmon Fillets (thawed, and one per person you are serving)
Honey Butter
Montreal Steak Grill Mates Seasoning
Instructions
Line baking pan with tin foil, and spray. Coat both sides of salmon with honey butter and sprinkle with Montreal Steak seasoning. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until salmon flakes when stabbed with a fork. Serve over rice.
***Salmon doesn't really keep well, so don't plan to make leftovers...it's better fresh out of the oven. I really like to go to town with the honey butter, so don't be afraid to drench it. It is delish!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

This looks sooooo good! I wish my boys liked salmon. I'm going to have to make it for me sometime.

Erin said...

You've sold me. I can't wait to try this!
-Erin at The Sisters Cafe