Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pasta Fagioli Soup


I'm taking a break from making my freezer meals for this month. Here's a quick freezer soup recipe. This also came from the cookbook, "Girlfriends on the Go". It is delicious! When I make it, I'm able to split it into 2 meals.


Pasta Fagioli Soup
1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup grated carrots (I buy the shredded ones)
1 cup diced celery
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 (15oz) cans beef broth
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped (I used dried parsley)
1/2 tsp hot sauce (Tabasco)
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 small bag shell pasta

Cook noodles according to package directions (I slightly undercook mine). Place all ingredients in a large pot. Mix together. If freezing, place in freezer bag. To prepare: thaw and let simmer until vegetables are tender (30-45 min). Top with sour cream and cheddar cheese. Sometimes I add a little bit of water to it, to make it not so thick. We love to eat it with bread sticks. The breadstick in the picture is a from a refrigerator package of Pillsbury breadstick. I rolled it in parmesan cheese, sprinkled parsley on the top and twisted it. Enjoy!

No comments: