Monday, April 5, 2010

What are you going to do with all those hard boiled eggs?

Introducing... Eggs Golden Rod!!!

This is a post from last year, but is worthy for reposting, and I figured that we all are overloaded with dyed Easter eggs and don't know what to do with them. This recipe comes from my Dad's side. It is delicious! My husband doesn't dare try it, but I love it, and I will raise my family on it. Cut up egg white's in a creamy white sauce over toast, and topped with grated egg yolk and fresh ground pepper! Sounds, and maybe even looks a little weird, but until you have tried it, you can't say whether you like it or not. I think we will serve it for dinner this week so that my husband has to try it. Oh...it's so evil! Go here for the recipe!

Happy Spring weather to you all!

2 comments:

jajb.lilly said...

We had this every year after Easter while I was growing up. I always get weird looks when I try to describe it, but you're right. It is delicious.

Lezlie Skinner-Blazzard said...

We grew up with my mom making something very similar to this. We call it creamed eggs on toast. SO yummy! (and cute blog, Sara)