Friday, October 23, 2009

Melt in your mouth muffins & Halloween Muddy Buddies

These muffins are my all time favorite! My little boy could hardly wait to get his hands on these. My mom used to make them regularly when I was growing up. I remember we gave this mix out for Christmas one year. We spent hours together as a family making the mix and delivering it to our neighbors. They are so yummy and yes, they do melt in your mouth! This recipe come from a book called: Make-a-Mix Cookery. It is filled with master mixes that you can put together and have ready to pull out for almost anything. Here's the one for this recipe.

Master Mix
8 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup baking powder
1 Tbsp salt

Mix all ingredients and store in a large airtight container. Us within 10-12 weeks. It's so nice to have this sitting in my cupboard.

Melt in your Mouth Muffins
2 1/3 cups muffin mix (master mix - recipe above)
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
3 Tbsp oil

Combine all ingredients. Stuir until mix is just moistened; batter should be lumpy. Fill greased muffin pan 2/3 full. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Makes 12 muffins.

Melt 1 cube butter. Make a mixture of cinnamon & sugar. Roll muffins in butter and then cinnamon/sugar mixture. Enjoy!


I know that just about everyone LOVES muddy buddies. This is a favorite at my house. We decided to spice up our muddy buddies with candy corn and halloween M&M's. They were a hit. I thought this would make a cute gift for a teacher or friend. I used the recipe found right on the Rice Chex Cereal box. I then added the M&M's & candy corn. I posted this recipe last year at Christmas time with Christmas M&M's. You can search under Christmas for that recipe.
Hope everyone has a Happy Halloween!


5 comments:

Sara said...

LOOOVE these muffins. Made them a ton when we first got married. I have forgotten about them. I too have fun memories of putting together the mixes just in time to deliver to our neighbors. Love you halloween muddy buddies, however where do you get you halloween colored m&m's? WalMart doesn't have them.

Amber said...

Those muffins look so good. I've never had them before. I will have to try them soon.

Rachel said...

Sara- I got my M&Ms from Target. It seems like I saw them at another store too, maybe Dick's?. Good luck.

Sadie said...

yum!Those both look delicious. I"m so in the mood for muddy buddies now.
www.sadieskitchen.blogspot.com

Deanna said...

Your little boy is so cute I could eat him up!