Monday, October 12, 2009

AMAZING Cornbread

Yes, I am still alive! I haven't posted for forever, and I am sorry. I think that we are all at different times and seasons of our lives, and I am in a busy one!!! I do have good intentions for posting, because I take pictures of my food all the time. I just can't hit the next step of actually posting it. Maybe next year! For now, I am just going to do what I can. I am posting this yummy cornbread recipe because it has been so highly requested. I got it from the talented Melanie at http://www.mykitchencafe.blogspot.com/ . She has got an amazing blog and this cornbread is triple amazing! You will want to throw away all of those packaged cornbread mixes. This cornbread will blow you away. I served it at our annual family Halloween party over the weekend and got many compliments. So thank you to Melanie for sharing this recipe. It is moist, sweet, and delicious! You do not want to miss out on this cornbread. I had to make it again yesterday so that we could have some leftovers. LOVE IT!!!

Cornbread
From: Melanie at My Kitchen Cafe

½ cup cornmeal
1 ½ cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup oil
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 ¼ cup milk

Add dry ingredients, make a well and add oil, butter, eggs, and milk into the center. Stir until just mixed (batter will be runny - don't be alarmed!). Bake in an 8” square pan at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. This doubles perfectly for a 9X13-inch pan.

***I like to drizzle honey all over the cornbread after baking. You know this is a good cornbread, because the honey seeps right into the bread and doesn't just drizzle off the sides like the packaged cornbread mixes.

I like to make my dry ingredients and store in a ziploc so that I have it on hand and all ready to just add my wet ingredients.

3 comments:

N Godown said...

Hey Sara!
I love reading your blog!

I've heard some great ideas for boiling meals in bags but I've also heard that the chemicals in the plastic bag can be enter your food when it is boiled. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Maybe it depends on the brand of bag...I dunno. Thanks for all your ideas! :)

Sara said...

Thank you Natalie for making me aware of this. I edited my post and took off the omlet in a bag. We won't be eating those anymore. I had no idea. I read up on a few articles, and ziploc has said that it isn't safe and that they are still working on a boil-able bag.

Rachel said...

This cornbread IS amazing! My husband won't stop talking about it. I guess I don't have an excuse not to make it anymore! Thanks Sar!