Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mom's FANTASTIC Chicken Enchiladas!!!

I absolutely LOVE this recipe for Chicken Enchilada's. It is super simple and oh, so tasty! These are the only type of Enchiladas that I remember my mom making. Now that I am married I have been introduced to several favorite Enchilada recipes, but this one is special, because it takes me back to home. I remember helping my mom several times to assemble these yummy enchiladas. My mom is a great cook, and makes wonderful meals. Thanks mom for sharing some great recipes with me. My mom probably won't see this, because she doesn't really get into the computer stuff, but anyhow... I love you Mom!

Mom's Chicken Enchiladas
1 lb. cooked and cubed chicken / or 1 can canned chicken
1 large can red enchilada sauce (I always go with the mild for the kids)
1 small can diced green chilis
shredded cheddar cheese
8 medium tortillas
Combine chicken, and green chilis in medium bowl. (I only use about half of a can of green chilis, but you know what spice you can handle.) Add enchilada sauce just until it is a good consistency. You don't want your filling to be too runny, but not too chunky. (I usually use 1/4- 1/2 of the can.) Ladle about 2 spoon-fuls of the enchilada sauce in a 9X13 greased pan and spread evenly. To assemble the enchiladas fill your tortilla with about 1/2 cup filling and sprinkle with cheese. Roll up tightly and place in pan. Fill the remaining tortillas. When enchiladas are assembled cover with remaining sauce. I like to get sauce between each enchilada. I love them really saucy! Sprinkle the top with cheese to your liking. Cover with foil and cook at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until cooked through and sauce is bubbling around the edges. Serve garnished with sour cream and lettuce. I love eating my freezer corn with this meal. It makes for a great combo! Enjoy, and thanks Mom!

4 comments:

Kendra Meyers said...

Looks so good and simple, Sara, I want to try it. Of course, leave it to me to not know what constitutes a "big" can of enchilada sauce. Could you tell me how many ounces are in a big can? Thanks. :)

Rachel said...

These are soooo yummy! We had them the other night. I love how easy they are. Mom sure is great!

Amy said...

These look great! I can't wait to try them. We LOVE enchiladas!!

Evan and Nicole said...

Made these for dinner last night! They were awesome!!:)