Thursday, January 29, 2009

Peanut Butter KISS Cookies...Perfect for all your little sweethearts!

We love these little treasures at our house, and they don't stick around for very long. We've been making these for years. We left them for Santa this year, and he of course, ate them right up! The Hershey's Kisses are a perfect combination with the peanut butter. We like to use the Caramel Hershey's Kisses. We love the gooey center that melts right in your mouth. If you are looking for a sweet treat for all your little kissable sweethearts this year, this one is perfect. It's simple, cute, and sweet!
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
Beat together:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
Stir in remaining until combined:
1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
Roll into balls and roll in sugar. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. You know they are done when the cookie starts cracking, and starts to get a little brown around the edges. Remove from oven and place one Hershey's Kiss in the middle of each cookie and press down so that the cookie comes up around the kiss and the kiss sinks right in. Enjoy!!!
I ran out of brown sugar as I was making these cookies, and because I was baking them for a class I was going to, I had to find a substitute. I found a recipe to make brown sugar. It is ingenious! I'm sure no one else runs out of brown sugar but me, but if you do, there is hope!!! I have an awesome cookbook called Cooking from My Pantry that has great tips and recipes for emergencies and using your food storage. I knew this book could save me.
Brown Sugar recipe:
1 cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp molasses
This equals 1 cup packed brown sugar. Stir with a fork. The molasses taste is gone after the item is baked.


4 comments:

Barnes said...

That's crazy! I want some of those cookies right now...you can just bring me some!! just kidding...I like the idea of the caramel chocolate kiss--sounds yummy!

Rachel said...

These are one of my very favorite cookies, but I don't think I've ever made them. We're definetely going to make them this weekend.

Anonymous said...

These are one of our favorites too, but I have never tried the caramel kisses. That is a fab idea--thanks!!!

Deanna said...

This is absolutely one of my most favorite cookies ever! We all love these cookies soooo much.