Thursday, June 26, 2008

Finger Lickin' Good!!!

These look and tast amazing! We love this dessert at my house, and it goes quickly!!! I made these for my husband for his Father's Day Dessert. We ate it all up. (I said we...it was for him...and me!) This is one dessert that is hard to share. My love for this dessert goes back to elementary school lunch. I loved Peanut Butter Bar Day! To this day I will never turn down a Peanut Butter Bar. This recipe comes from the Lion House Desserts cook book. There are a lot of yummy recipes in this book. I love it! I know you will love this delicious dessert. I love the oats/peanut butter/chocolate combo! I've got a great cookie recipe with this same combo. It will be coming shortly. Till then, you must try these bars!
Peanut Butter Fingers
Lion House Desserts
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
1 6-ounce package chocolate chips
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking pan and set aside. In a large mixer bowl cream butter and sugars. Add egg 1/3 cup peanut butter, baking soda, salt, and vanilla. Stir in flour and oats. Pour into prepared baking pan and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. While bars are cooking, preprare paunut butter frosting by creaming together powdered sugar, 1/4 cup peanut butter, and enough milk to make mixture desired spreading consistency. Set aside. When bars are done remove pan from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand 5 minutes, then spread the melted chips like frosting. Let it sit for about 5 minutes more. Pour and spread peanut butter frosting over chocolate frosting. Cool thoroughly, then cut into 24 bars. Enjoy!
*Tip from me... I love the peanut butter frosting, so I make a little bit more than the recipe says. It gives you just a little bit more gooey frosting to lick off of your fingers!

No comments: