Saturday, October 11, 2008

Easy Cheesy Lasagna Rolls

These lasagna rolls are simple and delicious. I served a mission for the LDS church in Italy, so, to say that I LOVE italian food would be an understament. This is one of the simplest lasagna recipes I have ever seen. It's cheesy, saucy and yummy!!! I saw this done on Everyday Italian on the Food Network and had a recipe for them, so I put the two recipes together and added a little bit of my own touch and voila, Lasagna Rolls.

Cheesy Lasagna Rolls
12 Lasagna noodles, cooked and cooled
1 jar spaghetti sauce, divided ( I used Bertolli Italian Sausage Garlic & Romano sauce)
Filling:
1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
1 egg
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp parsley flakes
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic salt
2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided (1 1/2 cup for filling, 1/2 cup on top)

Pour half of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Mix together all ingredients for the filling. Lay noodles flat and spread filling mixture on noodles - shown below. Roll up like a sleeping bag and lay in pan. Top with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
Note: Do not over cook noodles. Follow directions on box of noodles.

6 comments:

Ralonda said...

Looks delish... I made Lasagna Rolls a few weeks ago with a meat sauce for my 12 yr. old daughter... she had two helpings! I bet she would love these too!

Sara said...

These look fantastic Rach! Great post...good to have you back! J/k! Great to talk to you today. Have a great weekend! Love ya!

Prudy said...

Hey RM! I didn't know that. I so wished to go to Italy, but went to Chile, which turned out to be a wonderful thing. I'll be in Italy in less than a month. These look delish. I was thinking of doing a roll up and couldn't remember how to do it. Thanks for the refresher.

Brindi said...

These look great. My children will love helping make these for dinner.

Jenny said...

What a fun recipe! They look so appealing, anyone would be thrilled to get these for dinner. Great post!

Laura said...

Ricotta cheese is definitely more italian, but I rarely buy it. I have cottage cheese though, plus it's what I grew up on and reminds me of when I was little. I'll give it a try with the cottage cheese next week. That is awesome that your served a mission in Italy. I hope to go there some day and have some real italian food. Thanks.