Monday, August 3, 2009

Best Ever... Baked Oatmeal

We are back!!! Sorry for the month long break we took from blogging. I had a healthy, beautiful baby girl in mid July, and my sister is back on her feet after another awful first trimester of pregnancy for #4. Hopefully we will get back on schedule with the blogging. I have been taking pictures...just not posting. Life is getting back to normal...at least I hope we are heading that way.

This recipe is absolutely delish! I am already deciding when I am going to make it this week. We love it so much. I make the whole batch and store the rest in the fridge for our breakfast for 2 more days. I even eat it for a mid-morning, or mid-afternoon snack. I'm hooked! It is amazing with fresh cut strawberries and milk. I can't wait to try other fruits on top. I bet it will be fantastic with peaches on top. I found this recipe at www.mykitchencafe.blogspot.com . I have loved this blog. She has got awesome pictures, and wonderful recipes. She got this recipe from a friend. I just can't get enough of this breakfast. We call it our Breakfast cake. It seems to make my kids excited to eat it. They love it! I don't think I will buy Instant Oatmeal ever again. It just will never compare to this tasty baked oatmeal.
Baked Oatmeal
From: My Kitchen Cafe
6 cups oatmeal (you can use quick or rolled - quick gives it a smoother texture)
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup oil
2 cups milk
4 beaten eggs
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased 9X13-inch baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm with milk and fruit... or not.
I have halved the recipe and it works great, but I do suggest making the whole pan...it is great for days!
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Monica said...

Glad to see you back blogging! (Though you should probably be taking a nap instead! :) We love oatmeal, can't wait to try this one!

Brindi said...

Congrats on the healthy baby girl! You're amazing to be posting and taking care of a baby. But thanks for sharing because this does look easy and filling - perfect for back to school breakfasts.

Country Cookin' Mama said...

Yum! That looks so good! Congrats on the healthy baby girl! And congrats to your sister too, on the baby-to-be!