Friday, March 6, 2009

Tea Party Time with Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Strawberry Lemonade

Last night we had such a fun Tea Party (without the tea) at an annual celebration for the ladies in my church. Everyone showed up with a Tea Party hat that was decorated to spotlight themselves. We had a great time getting to know one another better, and of course enjoyed yummy food. We ate Chicken Salad Sandwiches, pastas, veggies, fruit salads, and of course dessert! I made these delicious Chocolate Covered Strawberries. They were amazing. They were so easy too! I am a lover of Symphony's Milk Chocolate, so I knew that it wouldn't let me down. I love the chocolate/strawberry combo. I love to bite into the smooth milk chocolate and the juicy strawberry. The Symphony Chocolate was perfect! I obviously was making these for a large group, but you can definitely adjust for a smaller batch.

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

60 Strawberries
7 King Size Symphony Milk Chocolate Bars
1 1/2 cups White Chocolate morsels (optional)

Wash and dry strawberries. Melt your chocolate either in the microwave stirring after 1 minute incriments, or in a double boiler. I did mine in the microwave and it was perfect. I also did 4 bars to start with. I didn't want to burn the chocolate by having too much, and I wanted to be sure to get my strawberries dipped before it set up. (If you do it in the double boiler, you won't have to worry about that, and you will be able to melt all of the chocolate at the same time). When your chocolate is melted hold your strawberry by the stem and dip in chocolate so it covers almost all of the red. I like a little bit of red showing. Twirl to get excess chocolate to roll off of the strawberry. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Dip remaining strawberries. When the chocolate has set, you can drizzle with white chocolate if you want your strawberries to look a little more fancy. Melt chocolate either in microwave or double boiler and spoon into ziploc bag. Release all the air and cut a small hole in one of the corners. Squeeze white chocolate and decorate strawberries as desired. I just did the lines strait across.

I was also in charge of the drink. We did Strawberry Lemonade, and wow, was it good. It was also really easy, and it turned out just beautiful! The juice from the strawberries gave it a perfect strawberry kick to the lemonade.

Strawberry Lemonade

2- 2 Liter bottles Lemonade (yellow)
1- 24 oz. tub sliced, with sugar Strawberries (found in the frozen dept.)
Ice

Allow your strawberries time to fully defrost. I placed mine in the fridge the night before. Combine lemonade, strawberries, and ice (to your liking). Serve!

This was our lovely display of desserts. I love these tiered racks. They are perfect for entertaining. I don't have one of my own, but my mother-in-law has been kind to let me borrow hers for a few occasions. They really make a beautiful setting. We also had some mini sugar cookies and cream puffs drizzled with chocolate syrup. Perfect Tea Party foods!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like everything went great! Your strawberries looks so good. I want to eat one right now.

Brindi said...

What a great event! Everything looked lovely. I'll have to remember your lemonade punch.

Monica said...

What a coincidence, the punch and the strawberries were my two favorite things at the party. Of course now that I know you made them, I'm not surprised that they were my favorites! :) So glad to have the recipes!

Sue said...

Your recipe is truly a delightful snack! Chocolates and strawberries are very popular desserts in every celebration. Combining both of them as a cake, it is truly a perfect dessert. I'm planning to prepare a chocolate fountain and fresh strawberries for my daughter's birthday next month. For sure, the children would love dipping strawberries in chocolate. We will hold the party at our garden. So, I reserved a canopy (Los Angeles-based). Like in San Diego, tent rentals and canopy rentals here are also affordable. That's why I'm worry-free every time there's a special celebration at our garden.