Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Prudy's AMAZING Honey Whole Wheat Grilled Pizzas!!!

Yesterday morning I was contemplating what to make for dinner. Think, think, think. I didn't want meat. I didn't want to use my oven and heat up my house, and I had some garden veggies that needed to be put to use. So I was browsing around at my favorite food blogs and came to Prudence Pennywise's blog. That is where I found her Honey Whole Wheat Grilled Pizza's that made for a delicious meal. She is an amazing cook, and has invented tons of great recipes. Go here for the recipe and for some fun music to dance to! http://prudencepennywise.blogspot.com/2008/08/honey-whole-wheat-grilled-pizza.html.
This honey whole wheat pizza crust is perfect! I have been wanting to learn how to grill pizza. She has got all of her tips on her blog. She also has a homemade pizza sauce that is just perfect. My family just loved these grilled pizzas. I made mine into a Garden Veggie Pizza. I sauted my zucchini and squash in my cool new grill pan that works just great! Before I put them in my grill pan I tossed my veggies with olive oil and crushed red pepper. That really gave my veggies a zing! My other toppings were basil, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, and feta cheese. Wow! It really was amazing. My husband said that it was something he would get at a nice restaurant. It was so packed with flavor. I don't think I will ever use Rhodes Rolls for my pizza dough again...that is unless I am strapped for time, although I whipped it up in no time at all! Her pizza sauce is so tasty...it makes my usual Classico sauce look real bad! We've got a new favorite recipe at our house! I can't wait to make them again.
THANKS PRUDY!!!

1 comment:

Prudy said...

You are too too too kind, considering I almost ruined it for you. Thanks for not only being a fabulous food blogger, but a fun and kind friend, too.